Thursday, November 03, 2011

Still on the roof....


     Well...I did not finish the marquee today, which was my goal. Not even close. I'll finish it Friday. And maybe even move on to the ticket window. I haven't yet decided who I want to use as  the ticket window person. I have ideas though:-)

    So see that name on the marquee...on the right? Verman Kimbrough. As mentioned in my previous post, he was the reason I decided to use the play "The Man Who Came to Dinner". And as I also mentioned previously, he went on to become president of the Ringling School of Art. Not many people know this, apparently. At least those that have seen my sketches and the mural. Which is interesting, because tonight I attended the Chalk Festival pre-event celebration. As I entered the campus and on my way to  the hall were the event took place, I walked past the library.....the Verman Kimbrough Memorial Library. Huh....go figure. I guess it was meant to be....  

   The party was fun. Kurt Wenner was there as was some amazing singer from Montreal. Catered by Carrabas. Very cool.

    Not much else to say tonight....I'm fading fast. So..I'll leave you with this, thanks to my good friend, Drew...


1 Comments:

Blogger rilla said...

This is sooo cool, I love the history and the video. I hope the information I sent works for you. it's looking great! Let me know if you need caffeine...

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home